< Back to news

02/01/2020 - Bury St Edmunds

Driving permits and green cards

With the issue of Brexit still ongoing, the Government guidance for Brits is that their current driving licences will be useless on the continent in a no-deal scenario.

If you’re planning to drive in the EU as a holidaymaker or visitor, you will have to spend £5.50 on an international permit if we leave without a deal. This will be available to purchase from the Post Office.

You will also need to carry a motor insurance green card when driving your own car in the EU and EEA. You can get one of these by contacting your insurance provider a month before you travel.