Announcement from DVSA:
On 22 December, the Welsh Government announced 2m social distancing measures in public spaces to be introduced from 26 December to stop the spread of COVID-19.
These measures will be reviewed by the Welsh Government on 31 December.
Vocational driving tests and training
Vocational driving tests and training will continue.
Theory tests in Wales can continue to take place with 1m plus distancing accompanied by robust COVID-safe measures to protect customers and theory test centre colleagues.
Theory tests at Bala, Carmarthen, Cardigan and Dolgellau mobile theory test centres will need to be cancelled in January if restrictions continue as DVSA is unable to social distance customers safely within the mobile test vehicle due to ventilation constraints.
If your or your pupil’s test booking is affected, we will send you an email to explain the impact on your test and what you need to do to rearrange the test.
Candidates will need to maintain a 2m distance within the test centre before taking their test.
Other safety measures that will be in place include:
- protective transparent screens at reception desks
- barriers between each of the work station which means all candidates are social distanced by 1m plus during their test
- providing hand sanitiser to use on arrival, during the tests and when candidates leave the test centre
- cleaning workstations (including computers and headphones) before every test
- colleagues will wear a face covering (unless there’s a medical reason that it’s not recommended for them) and gloves
- candidates will have to wear a face covering too, unless they have notified us in advance that they cannot
- candidates must come into the test centre alone to help with social distancing
Driving test centre waiting rooms
The new social distancing measures mean we are limiting the number of people who can use our driving test waiting rooms in Wales from 26 December until restrictions are lifted.
The maximum number of people who can use the waiting room will be displayed inside and outside of the test centre waiting room.
People using these rooms will need to keep a 2m distance from others and use the hand sanitiser as provided.
Examiners will meet candidates at their vehicle before their test.
We are not closing any waiting rooms at our vocational driving test centres.